Frequently Asked Questions
What is included in the Facility Rental Fee?
What is not included?
- Exclusive use of Kingsley Pines facility (Thursday - Sunday, or Friday - Monday on holiday weekends)
- Thursday - The day for you, your immediate family, and wedding party to decorate and set-up for your event.
- Friday - Have Fun! With most of your set-up completed, you can enjoy the facility - play softball, tetherball, or go jump in the lake. Your guests are welcome to arrive any time after 11:00 am. Upon arrival, guests check in at the office and are directed to their cabins. Later, you can get the whole group together for a lakeside barbecue or lobster bake, and end the night with a giant bonfire by the beach.
- Saturday - It's your BIG DAY! Guests can enjoy our property, play a game of tennis, or hang out on the beach. If you would like to go tubing or jump off the rope swing before you get married, go for it!
- Sunday - What better way to end your weekend than with a Maine blueberry breakfast? Guests need to depart by 11:00 am.
- Typical "Summer Camp" activities such as softball, beach volleyball, basketball, giant rope swing, etc. Use of all equipment is included.
- Multiple styles of tables, chairs and benches are available for your use.
- Limited use of kitchen facilities, including access to ice machine, walk-in cooler, counter tops, and large charcoal grill.
- Complimentary Honeymoon Cottage - remodeled in 2011, includes kitchenette, two bedrooms, bathroom, porch, washer and dryer.
- Kingsley Pines staff available in the office from 9:00 am - 12:00 midnight on Friday and Saturday, as well as Thursday afternoon and Sunday morning. We also have staff on-site 24 hours a day during your stay.
- Trash and recycling disposal.
- Payments may be made using cash, check, or credit card. A service fee of 3% will be added to payments made by credit card.
Are there other services or equipment you provide for a fee?
- Food and Beverage
- Guest Lodging Fees
I don't want to handle all of the details myself, do you have an event coordinator?
- Canoes, kayaks and paddle boards - $150 per hour for 8 canoes, 8 kayaks and 4 paddle boards, includes all equipment, minimum 2 hours.
- Ski Boat (wakeboarding, water skiing, banana boating, tubing) - $150 per hour, includes all equipment and driver, minimum 2 hours.
- Sound System - $250 for use the entire weekend. Set up and technical assistance not provided.
- Ask us! You never know how we might be able to help.
How do meals work?
- While this is not a service we offer, we are happy to suggest some local full service event coordinators.
Can you suggest other vendors?
- Kingsley Pines can recommend several catering companies. Each one can create a unique menu and work within your budget. Some catering companies we work with are:
- You may use a caterer not on this list, however, all vendors must provide Kingsley Pines with a Certificate of Insurance that lists Kingsley Pines as Additional Insured for no less than $1,000,000. They must also provide a copy of their food-handling certificate and be self-contained. Self-contained means they have the ability to provide food service independent of our kitchen facility.
- You may provide some non-catered (more informal) meals for your guests and we allow limited use of our kitchen for that purpose. Kitchen use includes walk-in cooler, ice machine, counter space, outdoor barbecue grill, and sinks. You are responsible for returning the kitchen facility to the condition in which it is found upon arrival. Use of Kingsley Pines cookware and flatware is not included. You are responsible for providing your own supplies for all meals you provide for guests for the duration of the event.
- In order to maximize the benefits of having your event at our facility, we suggest you provide meals to your guests for the duration of their stay. These do not need to be costly or elaborate. Many couples have had great success with cookout and potluck style meals.
Can we provide our own alcohol?
- We have worked with many great companies over the years. We recommend the following, because they are professional, do a great job, and we feel confident that they will exceed your expectations.
- Wedding Films
- Wedding Cakes
When can I set up and decorate?
- Yes, you may bring in your own alcohol. Guests are required to abide by Maine State liquor laws. We reserve the right to evict anyone for over consumption of alcohol. Illegal drugs are not allowed on property.
- All events at Kingsley Pines are required to obtain a minimum of $1,000,000 of Event Liability Insurance, including Host Liquor Liability Insurance, naming Kingsley Pines as Additional Insured. Insurance can be obtained through your homeowner's policy, an individual policy, or www.wedsafe.com.
- If you are using a bartender, they must be liscenced and provide Liquor Liability Insurance ($1,000,000 min.) listing Kingsley Pines as Additional Insured. If you plan on serving anything beyond beer and wine, we strongly suggest you hire a professional bartender to oversee the furnishing of alcohol to your guests.
- Kingsley Pines is not allowed to provide any services relating to alcohol.
How late can we dance?
- Thursday is the day for you, your immediate family, and wedding party to decorate and set-up for your event. All decorations need to be cleared with Kingsley Pines in advance. Candles are allowed, but need to be enclosed.
- Click here to view our WEDDING AND EVENT GUIDE which is helpful in planning your perfect wedding weekend.
Can we have campfires?
- Kingsley Pines will work with you to put together a timeline for your entertainment. Because we are a private facility you will have a lot of flexibility.
What types of lodging are available for my guests?
- Yes, they are allowed and encouraged! We provide a large stack of firewood to get you started.
How do my guests reserve a cabin?
- Kingsley Pines can lodge approximately 200 people comfortably. However, our facilities will allow for up to 275.
- There are no minimum numbers required for booking lodging.
- Cabins primarily have bunk beds. Some have bathrooms, while others share a common bath facility. All cabins have electricity.
- Deluxe Cottages
- Osprey Cottage - $350 per night, plus tax (2 night minimum, 6 pp max)
Year round cottage, fully insulated, 2BR (1 queen, 2 twins), 1BA, 1 Queen Sleeper Sofa, AC, Gas heating stove, Eat-in kitchen, all appliances, washer and dryer, LCD TV/VCR, DVD Player, Stereo with I-Pod dock, and screened-in porch. Built in 2010.
- Dragonfly - $350 per night, plus tax. Recently built cottage right on the water with full kitchen, bath, two bedrooms with adjacent cabin that sleeps 2. (2 night minimum, 6 pp max) *Availability subject to change.
- Tamarack Cottage - $250 per night, plus tax (2 night minimum)
2BR, 1BA, AC, kitchenette / living room. Fully remodeled in 2010.
- Additional Deluxe Cottages may also be available in 2015 and beyond.
- Standard Cabins
- The rate for all Standard Cabins is $60 per person/per night, plus tax.
- We have two types of Standard Cabins, those that have their own bathrooms and those that share a common bathhouse.
- All cabins have bunk beds, electricity, and screened windows. Some cabins have single beds.
- Children 12 and younger are FREE.
- Payment for lodging must be made upon arrival. We accept cash, check or credit card (Amex, MC, Visa).
- Linens are included in all cabin rentals and are provided “camp style” meaning they are placed neatly on beds for guests to make their own. A set of linens includes one pillow, one pillowcase, two sheets, two blankets, and two bath towels.
- Your guests will RSVP directly to you and let you know if they are planning to stay at camp overnight. If they are, they will tell you how many people in their party (# of adults and # of children) and which nights they will be staying.
- Once you have received all your RSVPs, you will use our cabin list and map to assign your guests to specific cabins. At least two weeks prior to your event, you will meet with a Kingsley Pines staff member to go over your final list and we will take it from there! We will make sure everything is ready for you and your guests upon your arrival.
How many people can your facilities accommodate?
Do I need insurance?
- Kokatosi Lodge - Approximately 175 for cocktails and dancing.
- Dinning Hall - Approx. 150 seated with rounds and served meal, 180 for rounds with buffet, and 200 seated for banquet style with buffet.
- Theater - Accommodates up to 325 seated.
- Kingsley Pines has many open areas which will accommodate event tents of various sizes.
- Kingsley Pines' common buildings and some cabins are ADA accessible.
What is the deposit and payment policy?
- Yes, every event at Kingsley Pines is required to obtain a minimum of $1,000,000 of Event Liability Insurance, including Host Liquor Liability Insurance, naming Kingsley Pines as Additional Insured. Insurance can be obtained through your homeowner's policy, an individual policy, or www.wedsafe.com.
What else do we need to know?
- A non-refundable deposit of $1,500, with a signed contract, is required to secure a date.
- Your payment schedule will depend somewhat on how far in advance you book your event. Typically, this will look like 3 payments made throughout the year, with the final payment being made at least 60 days prior to your event.
- Payments for the Facility Rental Fee may be made using cash, check, or credit card. A service fee of 3% will be added to payments made by credit card.
- All payments are non-refundable. In the event of cancellation by the renter, all payments are retained by Kingsley Pines.
- Upon arrival, a security deposit of $1,500 will be authorized and funds held using your credit card. This deposit will be released within 5 business days following your event if there are no damages or repairs needed. You are responsible for any damages to Kingsley Pines property for the entire rental period, including those caused by guests.
- Fireworks are not permitted on Kingsley Pines property. Should a couple wish to have a fireworks display, they must contract with a fully liscenced and insured company and who is also pre-approved by Kingsley Pines. Any such company must carry a minimum of $5,000,000 of general/excess liability insurance for each fireworks display.